Your Bridge to the Future of Dietetics
Your Bridge to the Future of Dietetics
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND®) policies for ISPP allow Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) graduates who do not match to a dietetic internship (DI), but who will possess a DPD verification statement and a minimum of a BS degree, to apply to our Golden Gate Dietetic Internship (GGDI) ISPP. In addition, PhD degree holders may also apply.
• To achieve the RDN credential via the ISPP, the same program is offered for this pathway as with the regular program. Please see the ABOUT page
• For GGDI ISPP application requirements please see the instructions on the APPLY page, but first contact the Program . ISPP applicants do not pay the GGDI application fee but can use DICAS, if it is still open when they apply.
• GGDI does not grant credit for specific competency requirements.
• For more information about the ISPP program, please visit https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/students-and-advancing-education/ispp-for-students
If interested in the ISPP option, it's best to please first contact our program at info@GoldenGateDI.com .
• Again, to apply to the GGDI program, follow the directions on APPLY page. We only participate in Spring Match. There are different dates for second round Spring Match, so please also check the D&D website. There are other options, so it is best to first contact our program.
• Once accepted by GGDI, the same cost and payment requirements are applied as shown in the lower section of the APPLY page, after contacting the Program, with the exception that there is not an application fee required of GGDI.
• To develop a budget, Download the GGDI Program Year Costs AND Budget Worksheet Sheet on the ABOUT page. Nothing is due until all is finalized, set in place and you are accepted.
• ISPP Interns must attend the GGDI Orientation to Supervised Practice, often held in Santa Rosa or Corte Madera, CA. (NOTE: During COVID-19, classes were being held remotely.)
• Rotations for supervised practice experience will be arranged and contracted/secured by GGDI prior to the start of the GGDI Program.
• The ISPP intern must meet GGDI completion requirements to receive a verification statement from GGDI verifying completion of all requirements . This allows the ISPP Intern to take the RD Exam. After passing the RD Exam, one is credentialed as a RDN. Please see the steps of the RDN pathway on our ABOUT Page.
Orientation and class meetings:
ISPP interns are required to attend orientation, specific class meetings (to present and discuss their case studies), a field trip and a conference with the rest of the cohort. GGDI provides lodging as needed. ISPP interns peer review case studies written by other interns. ISPP interns interact with other interns on specific assignments to enhance collaboration and inclusiveness.
Experience and placement: Securing a job now in nutrition services will help your career and increase your chances of acceptance into any DI program. The time is now because you will also require a MS come 2024 to sit for the RD Exam. Hence, increase your chances NOW!
Supervised Practice Hours and Rotations:
Please see the Rotations page
Goals and Objectives:
• ISPP interns are integral to the Program Mission. Objectives for the ISPP are tracked separately from the regular Program. Please see the Mission-Goals-Objectives on the M-G-O page. Program outcomes data are available upon request.
• ISPP interns are tracked separately for Program assessments and learning objectives.
The only experiential difference between GGDI-ISPP interns and previously-matched GGDI interns is frequency of class-meetings necessitated by travel time. All other details on this website and in the program handbook apply to all interns. ISPP interns are equally valued and supported by the GGDI program.
1) We are participating in the Fall '22 Match for completion Dec. 2023
2) Write us about virtual
"open house" experiences --first is on 9/24 at 8:30 am for fall applicants
3) Write us by closing this box and then
clicking the chat icon
on the lower right of screen